In November, the development team for Park Morton gave an update presentation to the residents.
There is a lot happening in NCI communities! Check out the November e-newsletters to learn more about the recent development updates and events happening across the District! Barry Farm Lincoln Heights/Richardson Dwellings Northwest One Park Morton
On October 10th NCI hosted a community meeting for residents of Lincoln Heights, Richardson Dwellings and the greater Deanwood community about development projects with upcoming zoning hearings. A main goal of the session was to provide information to help residents engage in the DC Zoning’s Commission’s hearing and public comment process. See below for NCI’s presentation, as well as materials from the District’s Office of Planning regarding public participation in the zoning process:
• NCI Presentation
• Office of Planning – Planned Unit Development (PUD) Summary
• Office of Planning – Planned Unit Development (PUD) Process Overview
On October 13th NCI and our Ward 8 Works partners sponsored an information session on “Overcoming Criminal Background Challenges” to jobs in construction. Participants heard from the following:
- Public Defender Service of the District of Columbia (Tara Chen and Kirsten Hubschmann)
- GSA St. Elizabeth’s East Campus (Lajuan Stevens)
- Mayor’s Office on Returning Citizen Affairs – MORCA (Alicia Jackson)
- DOES Project Empowerment (Rodney Mitchell)
- Denard Hawkins, CCPrep Academy participant
On October 26th, the development team for Park Morton presented an update to the Steering Committee on the development plan, including process, next steps, and a review of the materials, amenities, and green/sustainability measures being thought about for the development.
Check out the NCI September Newsletters! Read all about development progress, human capital programming, and community activities happening in each of the neighborhoods:
- NCI General September Newsletter
- Lincoln Heights/Richardson Dwellings September Newsletter
- Northwest One September Newsletter
- Park Morton September Newsletter
- Barry Farm September Newsletter
On August 16th, 2017, members of the development team for Barry Farm, along with DC Housing Authority officials and DMPED staff, met with residents at the Barry Farm Recreation Center to provide a design update on the project.
Also, you can view a list of the Q&A’s that followed: Barry Farm Q&A August 2017
NCI has been busy this summer! Read all about development progress, human capital programming, and community activities happening in each of the neighborhoods:
- NCI General August Newsletter
- Lincoln Heights/Richardson Dwellings August Newsletter
- Northwest One August Newsletter
- Park Morton August Newsletter
- Barry Farm August Newsletter
On July 20, 2017, the development team for Park Morton (Park View Community Partners) presented a development update to Park Morton residents. The presentation included a summary of development milestones to date, an update on the Bruce Monroe PUD appeal, a revised projected timeline, and future project milestones. View the full presentation here.